Monday, April 27, 2015

Today is but a memory

Sometimes you go through life carefree and joyous, believing that the future will always be as it isn't now. Other times you have one of those days of inexplicable sadness that even breathing becomes too laborious to handle. Today was one of the latter. 

I've struggled with demons before, but demons you can fight. Vanquish. Overcome. Failure you can not. The saying "try, try again" is one of the cruelest things I've ever heard. To tell someone no you're not enough now but give me more of yourself and MAYBE you will be is just wrong. Sometimes to be strong you need to realize that not every path you choose in life is the one for you and that strength comes from acknowledging and accepting that new territory awaits you instead. 

I can't try again any longer, I've got to be strong now and reach my newest goal. To graduate is a big step, to live is an awfully great one. 

But I will do it. I will do both actually. Because I want so much to be strong. 

No comments:

Post a Comment